Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 2009 Restaurant Review


Mia's



Excellent!

This is probably the BEST Mexican food in Dallas/Fort Worth. I like Herrara's, Ojeda's, El Norte, Chuy's, Pappasitos, but Mia's is better than all of them. I had "Butch's Original Brisket taco's" and it was awesome. Desiree had the Brisket Enchilada's. We also ordered the Queso Chorizo, which the waiter mixed it at the table and rolled some into flour tortilla's. This place has some good food. My only complaint would be they serve can soft drinks. I much prefer the unlimited refill softdrinks plan. Anyway, I highly recommend this place.

* Voted Tops in DFW by guidelive.com


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grimaldi's Pizza - Allen Location


This place came highly recommended so we decide to try it out. I thought the Pizza was "ok". The cheese and toppings are fresh, crust is thin like NY style. We got a 16" Pepperoni and Sausage pie and shared the house salad. Both were decent but not GREAT. Now for my complaint; the service SUCKED! The waitress took our order and never returned. The salad and Pizza came out together and she never refilled our drinks. I also noticed other tables got complimentary bread and we didn't. I complained to the Manager and got $10 off, plus a piece of Cheese Cake out of it. Louie's pizza is TOPs for me and I wouldn't put this place in my top 5 in Dallas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Mesa - Frisco for Sunday Brunch

We ate here with The Pennington's on Easter Sunday. Food was good. I would reference this place with the "Southwest Airlines" cattle call method of feeding. Buffet is Huge with Omlette, Hevos Ranchero's, eggs benedict bar, tons of other stuff including fruit and desserts. Service was good and food was good. Very crowded and I felt "hurried" to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment