Saturday, December 13, 2008

Best of.... Places to eat in Texas


I've lived all over Texas: Austin, Dallas, Houston, Nacogdoches, Alice, and Atlanta. In 41 years, I've had the pleasure of eating at many places around the state and I thought I would post here on a few of my favorites. If you ever get a chance to experience any of these I'm sure you will agree that they are outstanding.

South Texas:

Kings Inn tops the list as the VERY best Seafood restaurant and my most favorite. Biggest fried Shrimp, Best Fried Salt water fish, Onion Rings, Avacado Salad, and the Worlds greatest Tartar Sauce. If you are ever near Corpus Christi, this is a MUST stop. It's been around for 80+ years and family run place.

If you like mexican sweet bread, cookies, doughnuts, etc. this place is it. They also happen to have the best Breakfast Taco's going. Flour Tortilla's are fresh and Hot sauce is damn good too.

The original Butcher paper BBQ place. It's been around for 40+ years.


East Texas Area:

This is the best catfish around! Period! It's in the middle of no-where, but it's damn good.

Probably the best hamburgers in Texas. It's a true dive, but if you're looking for a burger, fries, and a chocolate shake, this place cannot be beat.

One of my all time favorites. Very Good Fried Shrimp, Coleslaw, and best Hushpuppies. A must stop if you are heading to Caddo Lake.
Mexican food is decent, but the marg's will knock you on your ass. Great Fajita's!
While attending SFA, this place was a main staple in my diet. Very good Bacon Cheeseburgers and homemade fries. Worth a stop if you're ever in Nac-a-nowhere.
In my opinion, this is in the top 3 best BBQ joints in Texas. Brisket, Sausage, it's all good here.


Austin Area:

Best Chili Dog in Texas. My fraternity brother, Brendan, works as a bartender here. Brendan has a very strong pour if you looking for a stiff drink too.

One of the top 3 best burgers in Texas. I love this greasy spoon. They also make a homemade Limeade, which is a must.

When I lived in Austin, my roommate, Pete and I used to hit this place every Saturday morning before our round of Disk golf. Great Breakfast Taco's!

Some like, some don't... I think this place is the epitome of TEXMEX. Good Margarita's too.

If you want a true Margarita on the rocks, ask for a Silver Train. Good Mexican food and stiff drinks. Very Popular local hangout.

Not the best BBQ, but it's good and it's all you can eat. I like this place because of what it is, BYOB, and it's Texas Nostalgia at it's finest.

This location has some good BBQ! Not all Rudy's are created the same, but the Round Rock locale is Muy Bueno~ Ask for the Moist Brisket and Spicy Chopped Beef.


Houston Area:


Dallas Area: ( see previous post )

1 comment:

  1. I am big on the Ken's bkfst tacos. I highly recommend the beef, bean and cheese taco. I know this does'nt sound like a bkfst taco but do not be scared. More beef, beans, and Cheese than I thought you could actually get into a taco. I think there might be some crack in those beans because they are bad to the bone. I also recommend washing it down with a mountain dew because if I am not mistaken they server only pepsi products in there. Best served with a grade for hangover from texas chili parlour.

    ReplyDelete